Thursday, May 19, 2011

What a long day!

It's been a busy long day!  But lots accomplished before my day off tomorrow!  I even got a dumpster dive in at lunch-scored lots of coupon inserts!!!! So tonight I've been clipping coupons and looking at some of the deals I want to score in the next couple days.  I need to stock up on my food items so we are not tempted to eat out as much.  I have a lot of snack type stuff, but I need more ingredients for meals!!!  Speaking of meals remember my meal chalkboard? Well I made the mistake of making tonight "On your own" meaning we each do whatever, heat up left overs, microwave something etc. at home. Jason did whatever and chose McDonalds! Well this worked well.  We also had lunch together today and that was over $20 okay so I am off to a rough start.  But I did start putting our bills into a Money program on the computer to help me better manage pay offs etc. Before I was using a calendar method with due dates, but this way I have way more info in there.  So I am feeling accomplished with that started. 

Some of my followers may not be familiar with dumpster diving for coupons-it's just the recycle bins so it's usually clean.  You don't get in just dig through what you can reach.  I have a step stool and gloves in my car.  Word of caution if you want to try this coupon scoring method-make sure it's legal wherever you are doing it!!! Wouldn't that be a sight being arrested for being thrifty!  I use dumpster diving as one of my main sources of getting coupons because it's FREE! And people throw so many away.  Like the misfit toys these abandoned coupons need a home I am happy to provide for these money saving little slips of paper!!!   

2 comments:

  1. I've found that I can plan leftover night into my menus with canned soup (or whatever else I get for a great deal and have a bunch of) as a fallback if they don't want to eat leftovers. Good luck sticking with not eating out. It's hard! We fell into the habit of going out a few times a week when my son (3rd kid) was born three years ago, but decided after a year of that we had to stop! I find it easier to make dinner at naptime and put it in the fridge all ready to go or at least chop up the veggies and have some prep work done to make it easier at that hard after school-dinner-bedtime part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks NaDell not eating out is TOUGH!!! I just need to plan ahead like you said. So it's pretty much done and ready to go at dinnertime so there's no excuse to go out-C

    ReplyDelete