Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting it together....

For quite sometime my husband (Jason) and I have wanted to own our own home, but financially were not in a place to do that.  My goal was to own a home by 30.  Well there were 30 candles on my cake last August and I sit here typing this in our rented townhouse....hmmm....we really should've/could've buckled down long ago and made this happen.  But thinking of the things we should have done back then won't help me now.  I was so excited a few weeks ago when someone gave me the name of a mortgage broker and I actually made the call to her and I filled out the on-line application.  The next day the phone rang-Your credit really isn't where we need it to be.  What now I figured?  Surely she won't help me figure out what comes next.  But instead she said there's just a few things that are fixable fairly fast and we set up an appointment to make a plan.  So today I went to my appointment.  She went over the things that will add points to my credit score failry quickly, told me to pay down some debts, don't open or close any accounts and start saving back the difference between our current rent and what we expect to pay for a mortgage.  All of it made sense, hell all of it I knew I just need to stay on track.  The whole time I was thinking of all the money I have been saving since I started couponing earlier this year.  And how if I continue that it will help save the money we need to make this dream a reality.  This blog will be like a diary of my journey to becoming a homeowner.  I can't promise it will always be entertaining, but it will be real.  And there will be a lot of coupon talk for this couponing way of life is what is going to lead to the savings that is going to buy this coupon queen her castle....(Yes the King, Princess Zoey and three royal cats will also be moving into this castle!)      

No comments:

Post a Comment